Monday, October 5, 2020

Jack Wilshere teases he will train with non-league minnows Hitchin Town after leaving West Ham

Jack Wilshere has joked he will train with non-league minnows Hitchin Town after leaving West Ham.

The midfielder and the Hammers mutually agreed to terminate his contract on Monday’s transfer deadline day.

Wilshere’s career has been plagued by injuries and he is now a free agent

Getty Images - Getty

Wilshere’s career has been plagued by injuries and he is now a free agent

And Hitchin Town were quick to cheekily offer themselves to Wilshere if he wishes to train and remain fit while he searches for a new club.

They tweeted: “@JackWilshere if you need somewhere to keep fit while you find a new club, we’re in the market for a 28-year-old creative midfielder from Hitchin. You know where we are.”

Wilshere jovially replied: “See you tomorrow. What time? Don’t need to be getting fined day one.”

Wilshere made only 19 appearances in slightly over two seasons after joining West Ham on a free transfer from Arsenal.

Despite rumours claiming he’s struggled to stay fit, Wilshere insists he has been injury-free for the past eight months – and claims he has simply not been picked to play.

In a social media post announcing his exit from West Ham, Wilshere wrote: “When I joined the club in the summer of 2018 I joined with great hopes and expectations and was excited to join the club I’d supported as a young boy.

“Unfortunately, despite all of my best efforts and intentions, it has not worked out as I’d expected.

“I have been fully fit for a large period of time at the club, including over the course of the last eight months – training hard every day – but unfortunately have not been given the opportunity to play.

“Although I am of course frustrated that I was not able to fully showcase what I am capable of at West Ham I remain convinced that I can still contribute at the very top of the game.

“I am still incredibly hungry, ambitious and desperate to play football and achieve success. I’m still only 28 and feel fit, strong and ready to play.

“I’m now looking forward to the future and hope to be able to make an announcement about the next stage of my career in due course.”



from Football - news, transfers, fixtures, scores, pictures https://ift.tt/2Gssl1f
via IFTTT

No Comment